Staff Selection Commission (SSC) – Stenographers ( Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ ) Examination – 2014 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits posts of Stenographers ( Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ ) . Here we discuss about the syllabus & Exam pattern of this examination.
Exam Pattern : The examination will consist of a written examination and skill test in stenography.
Part I :
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – 50 marks
- General Awareness – 50 Marks
- English Language & Comprehension – 100 Marks
Part II :
Skill Test in Stenography :
- For Stenographer Grade ‘D’ : 50 minutes ( English ) 65 minutes ( Hindi )
- For Stenographer Grade ‘C’ : 40 minutes ( English) 55 Minutes ( Hindi )
Syllabus for Stenographers ( Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ ) Examination :
- General Intelligence & Reasoning : It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- General Awareness : Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- English Language & Comprehension : In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability, would also be tested.
Skill Test in Stenography : The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.