Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) – Combined Lower Subordinate Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has advertised of Lower Subordinate Class for the general test of Lower Subordinate recruitment for 1200 vacancies for the academic period of 2013. Here we discuse about the syllabus and Exam Pattern..
Exam Pattern : The competitive examination comprises three successive stages viz : –
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- Main Examination (Objective & Conventional)
Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) : The preliminary examination will consist of the one paper (General Studies) of which answer sheet shall be on OMR sheets.
- Time : Two Hours(120 Minutes) (9.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.)
- Maximum Marks : 300
- No. of Questions : 150
Main Examination (Objective & Conventional) : The main examination will consist two compulsory paper…
1st Question Paper :
- Subject : General Studies (Objective)
- Maximum Marks : 200
- Time : 2 hours (9.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.) &
- No. of Question : 120 and
2nd Question Paper (Conventional) : This question paper contain two parts (first part General Hindi – 100 marks and Second part Hindi Essay – 100 marks)
- Subject : General Hindi & Hindi Essay
- Total Marks : 200
- Time : 3 hours (2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
Syllabus For The Combined Lower Subordinate Services (Lower PCS) Exam :
Syllabus For General Studies (Pre. Examination) :
The preliminary exam will consist of one paper (General Studies). General studies will cover following topics…
- History of India and Indian National movement : In History of India emphasis should be on broad understanding of social economic and politic. aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates areexpected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World : Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India. In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
- Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, rights issues etc : Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
- Indian Economy and Social Development : The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanisation, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
- Current Events of National and International Importance : This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
- Indian Agriculture : The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India,agricultural produce and its marketing.
- General Science : Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
- Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level : Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Note : The candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above topics with special reference to U.P.
The above information is only for syllabus of Lower Subordinate written Examination. But if you want to know other information about how we can preparation of Exam we suggest some Important Books…
For U P Lower Subordinate Exam Books : Click Here